The executive board of the foundation consists of the chairman and the vice-chairman, as well as three additional members. All members are appointed by the Governing Mayor of Berlin for a five-year term and serve on a volunteer basis. Reappointment or early dismissal are possible under certain circumstances.
The executive board is the most powerful organ of the foundation; it powers and responsibilities are explained in §6 of the foundation charter.
- Walter Momper (Chairman), former Governing Mayor of Berlin
- Anja Schillhaneck (Deputy Chairwoman), Member of the Berlin House of Representatives
- Florian Graf, Member of the Berlin House of Representatives
- David Mees, Cultural Attachè, American Embassy in Berlin
- Ludger Pieper, Berlin Dept. of Education and Chair of the Schools Committee of the Conference of Culture Ministers (ret.d)
This board’s term will expire on June 30, 2024.