The supervisory board of the foundation consists of at least nine members who are appointed to a four-year term by the Governing Mayor of Berlin. With due cause, it is possible to both prematurely dismiss a member from the board as well as to reappoint a member for subsequent terms. The supervisory board elects its own chair and vice-chair. Board members serve on a volunteer basis.
According to the charter of the foundation, the supervisory board’s duties are:
a) to provide for a most efficient and effective realization of the founder’s wishes by supervising and advising the executive board
b) to decide on changes to the charter.
Members of the supervisory board:
- Andreas Gram, Former Vice President of the Berlin House of Representatives
- Dr. Barbara Gügold, Director of the Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
- Kirsten Niehuus, Director, Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH
- Reiner Rohr, Fulbright Commission
- Annette Rupp, Director of Villa Aurora Berlin e.V.
- Monika Thamm, Former Member of the Berlin House of Representatives
- Karsten D. Voigt, former Coordinator of Transatlantic Cooperation
This board’s term will expire June 30, 2018.